Fees and Funding Information
Term time only.
Mornings: Monday to Friday 9:00 - 12:00.
Afternoons: Monday to Friday 12:00 - 15:00.
For 15 hour parents who wish to pay for additional sessions, please contact Mrs Moore for availability.
Who can apply?
All parents get up to 15 hours funded childcare per week for 3 and 4 year olds.
You could get up to 30 hours funded childcare in total if you and your partner (if you have one) work full or part-time hours.
You could still be eligible, even if you're on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or if you're unable to work.
Check the full eligibility criteria to find out if you can claim.
If you're a foster carer who works and you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for 30 hours funded childcare.
What you will get
You can get up to 30 hours of funded childcare for 38 weeks of the year. .
At Piddle Valley we may not offer 30 hours funded childcare, or we may only be able to offer a few extra hours. This could be due to available places or adult/child ratio.
You can use your funded hours with more than one childcare provider.
When the funded childcare will start
You can get up to 30 hours funded childcare the term after your child's third birthday if you're eligible and apply before the deadline. This means it would start either in January, April or September.
You can continue to claim the funding for funded childcare until your child starts school. If you choose to defer your child's school place, you can continue to claim until your child reaches compulsory school age (the term following their fifth birthday).
What types of childcare can I use with the funding?
You can only use the funded childcare funding with registered or approved childcare providers who offer early education funding. This includes:
- pre-schools, playgroups and nurseries
- out-of-school clubs
- home care workers working for a registered home care agency
All parents with pupils attending Piddle Valley Pre-School must complete the funding form irrespective of receiving funding for your child. These will be sent home 3 weeks prior to the end of each term, for the start of the next term.
Please complete the booking table to indicate specific days and times you wish your child to attend.
2 year funding - If you are in receipt of a ‘Golden ticket’ please remember to include the golden ticket number on the form – Part 2.
3 and 4 year old funding – if you are eligible for 30 hour funding, please include your code – Part 3.
Please remember your code needs to be updated every 3 months in order for you to be able to keep using the funding. Please revisit the Gov.uk website to refresh your funding code www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare
Please refer to the guidance below illustrating how to complete the funding parental agreement form.
- Parent books 3 year old child into preschool for 31 hours per week.
- The first 15 hours are funded as this child is already 3 years old.
- As the family has a 30 hour eligibility code for the named child, the next 15 hours are also funded because the family provided the setting with a valid eligibility code.
- The remaining 1 hour per week will be invoiced directly to the parent via the school.
- Your 30 hour code covers hours 16 to 30.
When to apply
Find the date you can apply from in this table:
|Must be 3 years old by
|Date child is eligible for funding from
|Recommended time to apply
|1 January (spring term)
|15 October to 30 November
|1 April (summer term)
|15 January to 28 February
|1 September (autumn term)
|15 June to 31 July
You can apply for funded childcare funding for 3 and 4 year olds 16 weeks before your child's third birthday. We recommend you apply no more than 3 months before you're eligible to claim.
You must apply in good time to take your eligibility code to your childcare provider before the deadline. Many parents applying for 30 hours funded childcare will get a reply straightaway to say if they're eligible. Some parents will need to provide more information for their application.
Reconfirm your eligibility
You must reconfirm your eligibility every 3 months if you're claiming 30 hours' funded childcare. You must do this 3 months from the date you applied, even if you haven't started claiming.
Can you claim other funding at the same time?
If you're eligible, you can claim through other funding schemes at the same time, including:
Find out which funding schemes work best for your family with the online childcare calculator.
Issues applying for funding
Early Years Funding Forms and Parent/Carer Information Leaflets
- 3 & 4 year old info leaflet for children born between 01_04_20 and 31_08_20 eligible for funding Autumn term 2023.pdf
- 3 & 4 year old info leaflet for children born between 01_04_19 and 31_08_19 eligible for funding Autumn term 2022.pdf
- 3 & 4 year old info leaflet for children born between 01_01_20 and 31_03_20 eligible for funding Summer term 2023.pdf
- 3 & 4 year old info leaflet for children born between 01_09_19 and 31_12_19 eligible for funding Spring term 2023.pdf
- 2 year old parental agreement form - Spring 2023.pdf
- 2 year old parental agreement form - Summer 2023.pdf
- 3 and 4 year old parental agreement form - Spring 2023.pdf
- 3 and 4 year old parental agreement form - Summer 2023.pdf
Other Useful Forms
- Privacy Notice for early years funded children - Spring 2023.pdf
- Privacy Notice for early years funded children - Summer 2023.pdf