A ‘ Forest School ’ site has been established in our school grounds and is enjoyed by all children throughout the school year. They have been having fun whilst keeping safe; learning to look in detail by tracking what can be found on the site; learning new skills such as gathering fire wood and handling tools, and developing skills in teamwork and cooperation.
The children make the most of this amazing space what ever the weather to make cross curricular links between their class topic and our outdoor learning environment.
- Increases self esteem and self confidence
- Improves people’s ability to work together
- Counters a lack of motivation and negative attitude
- Encourages an improved understanding of the outdoors
- Increases the skills and knowledge of those who take part