Values and Ethos
Our school is founded on Christian values, principles and beliefs. We are a happy school in which pupils work hard and learn well, within a nurturing environment.
At Piddle Valley CE First School we recognise that all members of our school community – children, parents, carers, staff, volunteers and governors – are unique and valued for the contribution they make.
Piddle Valley CE First School is special because we aim to…
- Create an environment where children develop the confidence to think for themselves and enjoy their time at school.
- Encourage high standards, seeing all children as individuals and helping them to achieve their full potential.
- Develop an understanding of our 5 core values for the whole school community, Respect, Responsibility, Courage, Creativity and Forgiveness.
- Make learning an enjoyable experience.
- Develop in children a sense of awe and wonder at the world around them.
- Help children to become caring and responsible citizens who have positive attitudes towards the well being of themselves and others.
- Develop in children respect for other people and their surroundings.
- Celebrate self-esteem and build up confidence by reacting positively to children and their work.
- Promote constructive relationships between governors, staff, parents, carers, volunteers and the church and wider community.
- Recognise and celebrate our Christian values which permeate through all aspects of school life.
“Our Lord Jesus Christ said: The first commandment is this: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.” Matthew 22 v 37-39